Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Post- Easter

This weekend, I took Matt to the Zoo along with our neighbors, Adam and Marta and their two kids. Matt was most mesmerized by the puma.

IMG_0931[1]

And here is where the I-phone camera reaches its limits. The puma was right by the glass and Matt was right up close, but  I just couldn’t get a close enough shot. I think it may be time to research cameras, or at least practice having the other digital camera around more. That would have been an awesome shot. (In fact there were so many good shots, but I wasn’t lucky that day.)

 

IMG_0928[1]

Matt and Emmett also enjoyed seeing the snake exhibit.

Meanwhile, I’ve been crushed, CRUSHED that Au Bon Pain changed their sandwiches. If  ever there was a sign of inflation this it. It is all the same price, but they are smaller, less pesto and they had some strange processed may spread. So I’m resorting to making one of my favorites and packing it.

IMG_0902[1]

Mozzarella, Pesto and Tomato with Spinach. What is the world coming to when Au Bon Pain changes the sandwiches? The end is near folks.

Meanwhile this week, the rosemary is looking pretty wild, so I put some into a marinade for grilled shrimp…

 

IMG_0915[1]

Rosemary can also be used in the base for a cottage pie…

IMG_0921[1]

 

but no not in brownies. We had a brownie craving but I couldn’t find the box. We normally have several on hand so I attempted from scratch. The Joy of Cooking recipe didn’t disappoint, but for time mgmt. purposes, the box is still faster.

IMG_0934[1]

Of course ultimate organization would have meant that I would have found one of the four boxes we had on hand, but Rome wasn’t built in a day…

No comments:

Post a Comment