Sunday, April 1, 2012

End of March

Where can the Carroll boys be found as we enter spring?
The usual: Matthew loves to play, and Ger has resumed his position at the grill.
:-)



So it's been about two weeks since I took a look what was on my Iphone. I need to be better about taking pictures as we are out and about. Jenny came to visit (yay!) and I didn't take any pictures, we went to Dan and Anna's birthday party for Alex (2 years) and I didn't take any pictures. Eugene came to visit and we made steak dinner and I didn't take any pictures. So we do do stuff and we do leave the house, I'm just a terrible at remembering to take pictures. Which like so many things, I'm working on!



I do have a handful of some that aren't terrible. Ger and I went our for sushi for anniversary and these oysters where just delish. The weather was unseasonably warm, so we were able to sit outside and people watch. Just sitting still for an hour was a true treat.



I did try and remember to take some pictures out and about, here's Matt trying to decide which apples to get at the co-op. We met Marta and Adam and Ricky at big blue marble, then got some supplies for an impromptu picnic.

Last week I also made a banana bread, another standard Emily recipe.



I have a new basic recipe that I've added into rotation. A tofu, red cabbage and squash stir fry that is filling and light and easy at the same time. It just feels right to eat this time of year. I'm making it again tonight for the week.




and finally we are back to soups. It's been a rich couple of days, cake at work to celebrate birthdays, Ralph's with Steven and then steak dinner with Eugene. So I decided to make a brothy asparagus soup for Sunday and the rest of the week.



Ger ate some too, with crusty french bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment