Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter Week

Last week started off with the ritual egg coloring…

047

I think we’ll hold on trying marbled eggs again till Matt’s a little older. Adding olive oil to the coloring definitely makes a big mess.

127

Ger and Matt had some fun listening to heart beats. Vax made a good patient.

We also renewed our membership to the Morris Arboretum. With some coaxing, I got Matt out on the “Out on a Limb” installment.

058

What he did remember was the fishes at the fernery. I was very impressed he remembered them, as it had been over six months since we were last at the arboretum.

075

It really is a secret gem in Philadelphia.

084

We also took Matt to see the dinosaurs at the Franklin Institute. It was the last week of the exhibit and Ger is about to start a Trauma rotation, so we had a family outing.

easter 027

They have a two story heart you can walk through. I have been doing some work on number crunching for TAVR patients at work, and so I asked Ger to point out where the valve would go in this procedure.

easter 022

It struck me how twisty the aortic valve can be, I can really see how plaque could build up in there. Matt really enjoyed walking through the heart, I think he understood it was what he was listening too with his dad the night before.

easter 045

Checkin’ out the fountain in Franklin Square…

I have some more recipe stuff coming. This is not the same banana bread as last week. I’ve been playing with different versions. Last week was from the ‘Joy of Cooking’ – generous with butter, sugar and eggs. This one is with canola oil, whole wheat bread, brown sugar and egg whites…

138easter 013

…and so the pendulum swings the other way. We’ve been so into getting as many calories as possible into Matt, that I’ve ignored all I learned living in NH/VT. (Somewhere in the middle is probably the place to be).

No comments:

Post a Comment