Saturday, October 15, 2011

Fall 2011- In the Kitchen

All this running around you wouldn't think I would neglect my time in the kitchen right? Well yes, kind of. But this is the season to get back into the swing of things...
First off, canning class. Thank you so much Marta, for hooking this up. (Marta used to help run a CSA serving CHOP and needless to say is totally hooked up).
Thank god for the Iphone camera, otherwise I'd have no pictures.
The class took place at the Long View Center for Agriculture. All the produce we used came from the farm. When we started roasting up the tomatoes for canning, I was really worried there would be none to can cause it smelled so freakin' good.

These beets were just so *alive*.
Here is the finished product. I think I feel ready now to tackle canning my chutney....
I've also been doing a vat of soup a week, making it as veggie packed as possible. This one is vegan! (Just for fun, really).

Finally, baking! I wasn't going to let Matt's Birthday go by without celebrating right? He turned 3 - so I made Elmo.

Matt, when he saw it said, " Where's Grover?". Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment