Saturday, May 4, 2013

Streamlining and Timing: Shrimp, Pasta and Arugula Dish

An early spring rotation dish I like to make is this Giada's Shrimp, Pasta and Arugula dish
My parents requested it during their visit, and I had been working on streamlining it anyway. The 40 minute cooking time on the description is pretty accurate - I've gotten it to include some clean-up as well. It can really be made year round, but I think it's really perfect for spring.


We're off! Pasta is boiling, shallots and garlic in olive oil cooking up nicely....


I didn't have fusilli, so here the spaghetti is boiling down. The white wine added to the shallots and garlic and is reducing.


Lost some time with Matt and Vax - added the shrimp to the shallot and white wine mixture. Pasta is already drained.


Mixing in the pasta to the shrimp and white wine sauce...


Tossing in the arugula till just wilted. The last completed picture before eating. It doesn't sit around long!


Thanks Giada!

No comments:

Post a Comment