Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Spring Science Time!

Hello - Sorry it's been a while since I posted, as always life get's pretty crazy.

I just wanted to jot down a quick note about the scope of this blog. When I started it in 2008, I knew we would be leaving the Upper Valley and our friends would be more dispersed than they already were. I liked that some people had started blogs to keep in contact with friends and family - and so I started this blog. Our generation moves and changes jobs so much more, and so keeping this log seemed like a nice way to keep in touch.

Since then the "mommy blog" field has exploded into some big business (though I often feel that selling to potential mommy bloggers is the bigger business). While I tip my hat to those women, I choose not to throw it into the ring.

This blog will remain, a family log for our friends and family in different time zones. (It's also kind of handy as a "notes to self".) While I have many, many sites and resources for technology, finance, etc. I'll leave it to The Daily Connoisseur (I love her videos) Design Mom (6 kids and she travels with them!) and this Panamanian girl (who is kind of crazy but actually really, really smart. I feel like she could be my manic younger sister. In full disclosure I haven't bought her worksheets, though I love her designs.) - when I'm feeling like some design/living inspiration.

 The past two weeks have been a Science/ Nature exploration experience!


Ger and I took Matt to Naturepalooza at the Philly Science  Festival. See his  "I Love Science" sticker?

Besides the exhibits and concerts they also had live animals!

Matt checks out the Big Bugs! exhibit at the arboretum.

Wow those are giant ants!

Matt's seedling is ready for planting! (I'll try and be a a good mom and do it before I accidentally kill it).


No comments:

Post a Comment