Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Into December... and 2013

It's been a while since I cleaned up my Iphone and notes...

First off some new online blogs: a friend's sister's husband is at the south pole doing research (physics) and is blogging about it. He has a way with explaining science - I'm looking forward to the posts. Also a former classmate who is extremely eloquent on political matters also started a blog. 

They both promise to be good reads and I am excited about them!


Meanwhile, I purchased my last new cookbook for the year, "The Four Hour Chef." (Review coming.) According to that book, I am at the point where I should be a sous chef in a high end establishment for a month to kick things up a notch. I don't know about that, but I can see their general point about time and timing how long it takes to do things being something to master. So I started off keeping time on things with prepping two medium butternut squash for soup in 10:06 minutes. 

We'll see how far down the rabbit hole I can take this in 2013.


Meanwhile we (Ger) made pancakes one Sunday. It's always nice to have lazy Sunday with no thought of rushing off somewhere or being concerned about time at all (nice but rare) .

Meanwhile since my last picture post I made 2 turkey dinners, but they went like hot cakes so no pictures!

I did try to make Kale Chips -  Not my best experiment. Best use of leftover Kale is still soup, I think.
Matthew and a Christmas craft, a string of gingerbread  people for his room.
Some of the food our office collected for a local food shelter.  I was glad to take the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment