Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day Weekend - Celebrating work!



For some reason, I can't quite sort the order of photos, so bear with me.
 
Alexis and Ben came to visit on their way back to Maine from a backpacking trip in Utah.

Alexis and Ben and Matt, Just as we dig in!

I also spent some time this Labor Day Weekend stocking up on essentials for the next few weeks. Here's a tray of breaded chicken.


Ben got up, walked the dogs, walked to the supermarket, got supplies, and fried up some blueberry pancakes and hash browns just as we were all starting to wake up. 
 

 
 
 
Meanwhile, I also took this opportunity to make several batches of sofrito. A scoop of sofrito adds oomph to yellow rice.
 



Over freezer paper, ready to cut into squares

 
 
Meanwhile, I also chopped a bunch of ginger for future use. Fresh is best of course but no ginger is worst of all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment