Sunday, August 5, 2012

The Walls Came Tumbling Down...

It's been an action packed two weeks. Since Ger has finished residency there's been a bunch happening on all fronts. The first is the demolition of the barn.

 
Meanwhile, I tried my hand at

It was pretty easy, kind of hearty, perfect for breakfast.



 Last week we went to visit Jen to see the hot air balloon launching, but it rained so we ended up staying indoors. At one point during the thunderstorm Matt and Jocelyn were running in the rain. Ger attempted to take pictures but as soon as we got home we saw he had taken a picture of John's car bumper. Oh well.

This weekend, Kelly came to visit. We ended up trying Earth Bread and Brewery, a flat bread pizza restaurant.

I had the red pesto pizza and I have to say I wouldn't think to put potatoes on pizza but it was a really good idea.



One of Matt's favorite snacks...

"I'm coming out so you better get this party started...."


We do a lot of chocolate chip cookies from scratch on demand so I've decided to keep track in my blog posts. 

Batches of Chocolate Chip Cookies since last post: 2

Meanwhile there are 3 forces that combined have really interfered with my reading and book reviews. The first has been a pretty busy 2 months at work. The second is that I am now driving to work and so my train -reading time has been cut. The third is that Ger and I are making an effort to reclaim a semblance of physical fitness. I've joined a gym by where I work, and if I go 40 times in the first 3 months I don't have to pay the initiative fee. I'm about 20 times in already. This morning Kelly, Ger, Vax and Matt and I went for a 5 mile hike through the Wissahickon. 

Ger sold it as a 2.5 mile hike, but neglected to mention "one way". Here I am gasping for breath at a pause at the covered bridge (the last remaining one in Philadelphia).



 Hopefully all this physical fitness will give me energy (soon)!

No comments:

Post a Comment