It kind of struck home as my mom cleaned the lettuce that was growing in the backyard. She wasn’t about to let it go to waste!
It was nice to come home and have poached salmon with a side of rice and beans. With the salmon, it’s a more American interpretation of what I grew up eating. Fish, Meat, Pork, rice and salad, plantains and avocado slices.
29:28 Zoe talks about the diet I grew up with...
While I will eat anything and love to try to make different types of things, the core is always these staples, these comfort foods.
While Matt has taken to the rice as below (we were at a pot luck at his day care and he did try a couple of things)..
This just broke my heart…
Matt and Emmett duking it out over the Lays potato chips. What you can’t see is piping hot from scratch shortbread cookies on the tray on the table just out of range of this photo.
Well at least he’s eating, right? Gas is off in our house so no baking this weekend (or hot showers). Ger says, “If you want to do something domestic, you can try cleaning the house.” (NOT LIKELY!)
Meanwhile I found this picture of blueberry muffins from earlier in the month. Spring and summer is coming which means fresh blueberries, so I was cleaning out the freezer to make room.
I’ve very excited to try some spelt and vegan blueberry muffin recipes this summer.
With all the rain, it’s been hit or miss at Soccer.
I think the combination of spring, rain and a super busy week made me crave hot oatmeal this week. It just really hit the spot.
No comments:
Post a Comment