Sunday, April 7, 2013

Into Spring 2013 (and Virginia)

After some pretty serious snows we are starting to feel spring warm us up. The crocus are starting to come up, much later than last year. Here’s what’s on my iphone tap…

It felt good to talk about something tech related, I am a software girl.

 

IMG_2959

I totally love this picture of Matt using his tools to try and fix his toy (it was out of batteries).

IMG_2967

Matt is so happy on the carousel at the Please Touch Museum.

 

So, in the continual self improvement with cooking files,  I really want to be able to get the slow cooker to work for me. The promise of coming home to hot dinner already made is just to appealing to give up on. So I looked for a recipe to try again and saw this pork chops and rice.

IMG_2976IMG_2977IMG_2979IMG_2991

I don’t have a finished picture cause Ger came home and devoured it all, but it was starting to go dry in the slow cooker. This is also a little too heavy on meats for me – but hey.

 

Meanwhile, Ger and I went to Virginia last week to visit an old friend and see Colonial Williamsburg….

IMG_3042

Matt loved watching the horses and soldiers….

IMG_3010

Some of the interiors of the buildings were just gorgeous…

IMG_3008IMG_3009

I was impressed by this little mini piano-forte in the ladies’ drawing room in the governor’s mansion. At the time the governor had 3 daughters and they practiced in their mom’s drawing room on the 2nd floor. That sonata looks complicated. Guess the governor’s wife was a colonial-era tiger mom. Smile

 

IMG_3030IMG_3054

No comments:

Post a Comment