Ger and I just got back from Vegas! As I sort through the photos, I figured I’d get the clothes ones out of the way…
For this trip, I finally got a new carry-on, which was a long over due purchase. Even with the sale, I had coupons (mom you taught me well) and the piece came in at just about 70$. I have to say, the Tommy Hilfiger Scout luggage was perfect, I had no trouble rolling around with it and it was a true pleasure to travel with. Plus it is not black! It certainly is an upgrade from a back pack for us. The memory of our cruise vacation, where our wheels broke as we were on the god forsaken customs line, so we had to drag our luggage which promptly split, and so we dragged fistfuls of clothes while holding on to Matt, who by then was thoroughly bored of the whole process was fresh in our mind. We have a couple of ideas in mind to upgrade Ger’s piece as well – but he hasn’t decided on a hard back piece yet. As we were getting off our flight I noticed a nice slice in his carry-on, which is already so beat up it doesn’t stand on its own anymore.
Now, I wanted to show you my outfits, mostly cause things that I note tend to get improved upon, and there’s always room for improvement when it comes to fashion!I did not check anything- everything fit in my one carry-on.
I’m not quite showing you everything I packed (you didn’t really want to see my two swimsuits and undies) but you can see how I would have gotten a couple more outfits out of the combinations below…
….On the plane
Quick change into strappy sandals for casino hopping on night arrival. After that I bought a pair of flat shoes- I didn’t realize how much walking we’d be doing!
That little black clutch came in so handy….
Next day touring
It was kind of chilly
Quick lunch.
more running around during the day…
(that last scarf I stole from my mom before I left)
Now – I did have one splurge, I tried a new service, Rent the Runway. Apparently, you can rent designer clothes for your event – mostly cocktail dresses, evening wear and accessories.
Your package looks like this when it comes.
Now they send you two sizes so you can try on your outfit. I opted to rent a diamond cuff with my dress, but it was so scratchy and weird I ended up just wearing my own bracelet that I packed. If you log into the site, it is the mermaid dress. Here I am below in the size 4, it had a longer hem. Perfect for Vegas!
I would definitely rent again, as it was way cheaper than buying and you can take risks like a shimmery dress like this. The only thing is that because I had it delivered to the hotel they charged a handling fee. Next time if I arrange for this service while traveling, I’ll be sure to make sure I understand any package fees on the hotel/ cruise/ etc.
So all in all, after mailing the mermaid dress back, I had enough room in my little scout spinner to pack both my trench coat and Ger’s jacket, a copy of the Eiffel Tower Restaurant Cookbook (more on that later) and this stuffed animal for Matt from the Mandalay Bay Aquarium.
No comments:
Post a Comment