Thursday, November 22, 2012

Tuesday Weeknight Dinner

Tuesday night I came home and made dinner and tried to take pics with one hand while I did. I was running a bit later than usual, but self improvement is about overcoming the challenges right? The menu:
salmon with butternut squash and sage pasta side dish.


IMG_2227
Started around 5:15 or so to get pot olive oil, onion and garlic. Also included - cleaning up from breakfast.
IMG_2229
About six minutes later added cubed butternut squash prepped on Sunday. I prob could prep a squash in 6 minutes, but not while watching matt, letting the dog out, feeding the fish, etc.
IMG_2230
Add some vegetable broth
IMG_2232
Little mini bottles of wine are good for cooking when you don't want to open a whole bottle. There is a second pan of water going there for the pasta.
IMG_2233
Prep Salmon in foil wrapped pan (same pan used to for squash  above. Min. dishes always).
IMG_2234
Oven is preheated and salmon in so the clock is not on the oven, so I took it on the microwave. One cup orzo ready to go.
IMG_2238
Everything cooking nicely, go with Matt to pick some sage from the plant outside.
IMG_2239
Ribbon cut for sage. Prep a small salad (Colombians eat a  small salad  WITH EVERYTHING)
IMG_2243
6pm salmon is done and cooled. Matt's main protein is ready to go (wild for Matt always). All I need to do next is drain orzo, add to squash and sauce and add the sage.
IMG_2244
6:07 pm, Dinner is ready. Ger's portion is on warm for when he gets home.  Most pans are in the dishwasher. Time to eat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment