Sunday, October 7, 2012

Fall!

 

I don’t really know a whole lot about gardens and plants having grown up in Jersey City, but boy am I sold on the transformative power of sod.

IMG_1889IMG_1890

Meanwhile I did some Italian baking. The one thing I learned from the Italians I grew up with – the counter must remain spotless when building your trays.

 

IMG_1894IMG_1898

 

Dear reader, are you sick of this soup? Alas, I am not. It is very tasty. This time I added white bean and spinach. ( I try for one soup, one baking dish, one tray of food on the weekends to send us off into the chaos of the work week.)

IMG_1893IMG_1897

This weekend we went for a scarecrow walk…

 

IMG_1904IMG_1905IMG_1911

Matt totally loved all the scarecrows. I think next year I want to try and design one and submit it for the walk.

 

IMG_1927IMG_1928

Once Matt saw all the scarecrows, he totally saw what the operation was about. With the help of our neighbor’s kids, we made a soccer goalie scarecrow.

 

IMG_1921

 

Then we did some pumpkin painting…

 

 

IMG_1942IMG_1944

 

and headed home for some apple cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment